Tuesday, September 8, 2009

To my unborn love poem

‘Why can’t I write a love poem?’

My idle mind wondered. There are so many good poets around who weave their magic wand on those wonderful thoughts they have in their minds. They bind verses of romance … rhyme them, those poignant moments of love and passion … in flesh and blood.

Poor me, I can’t even think of a poem, leave aside a love poem. I sat down to realize what happens when I start to think.

Last time, when I sat to think about a poem, the tom-cat of my neighbour howled so badly as if he was bitten by a six feet lobster. And god, what a nasty trouble-maker this animal is … so I just shut up. There was no point in arguing the crisis with him.

Cats in my neighbourhood are usually peaceful with humans. But they have messy relations within their clans. Sometimes, humans have to bear these fights too.

Guess the intervention of human lives make feline lives miserable! I will write about that later.

There are other times, particularly when I sit to think, some distraction would take my mind away. As soon as I dream of the beauty … that silk-like hourglass figure approaching me … a tiny mosquito would whiz past my sensitive earlobes, making that disturbing humming sound that is so difficult for me to tolerate.

I am engulfed with that monotonous buzz with which I have spent more time than I may have spent with all lady friends in my entire life … isn’t it damn disgusting?

Our city is home to a million mosquitoes, and a sizable of them are branded as Anopheles – the malaria carrier.

Finally, I sit down and start thinking of the lady love whose poignant emotions would make love with my readers. And here she comes … and lo and behold, she comes with her man. Just when I would be pondering seriously how to seduce the lady with my charismatic verses, the lady deprives me of her company.

Aargh, I exclaim … such times are damned.

Thousand and one times I had thought of this lovely lady of this imaginary poem. And ten thousand times, she appeared to have just come to spend her love with her man … that she was never mine.

So much for mental distraction …

These days the lady that I visualize rides her man’s bike – the fatfati type. You know those god-damned screaming silencer wallahs, don’t you? For some reason, I just hate them … and my entire soul dies a few thousand deaths the moment I hear one such damned vehicle speed past my house.

In my whole life, I never believed in these noisy machines. I drove around a decent car for around five continuous years without honking for pleasure. I was absolutely cop-free and, even though once I had to drive thirteen hours from Chicago to New York city in my vintage 89 Honda Civic, never had to blow the horn until I hit the highways of the city.

What does that mean? It simply means I hate screaming bikes … and I hate a lot of noise too. So, the lady of my romantic verse loses contact with me the moment she decides to ride on her man’s fatfati.

Which also means that such ladies are not made for my poem … at least not the romantic types. In whole, that unborn poem keeps begging for the lost love.

May be there’s no love left in me and my poor soul, huh. May be I am no love-material, at best a man growing old … mostly resigned to the chores of mundane life.

Work, retirement, cholesterol, heart attack … obituary – that’s all I am destined to.

I have tried day dreaming, fantasizing in the evenings … even attempted sweet dreams at night. It’s another story that most of such dreams have become nightmares by now … and I have a sinking feeling that I will never really manage to write a good love poem.

With so much love around, why would a fairly love-friendly man (and this is no bragging) remain so inept at writing love poems?

May be the tom-cat, the bewildered mosquito or my hero’s fatfati bikes have an answer!

I need an abortion of mind … at least for now.

24 comments:

Zero said...

Hey, that was an interesting monologue. Well Idle mind cannot make poems. Poems are made by a bit eccentric minded people:). Best regards.

itsyvitsy said...

What is behind the humorous spell of word-strings in the beginning is aptly described by the last few paragraphs. Any post that includes a good load of sarcasm is definitely hiding a different purpose behind it. This post seemed to me more like a silent scream than narrating the reasons for not having been able to write "that love poem".

I saw rare disconnects, really rare having read your other wonderful entries. Probably this wasn't written in one go? Also, I feel this was written as the flow of thoughts occurred, without attempting to refine it. Of course, that is good because the entry preserves its pristine form and delivers raw images of what was going through your mind at the moment of penning down this article. I think there is definitely a sequel to this, and I am eagerly awaiting it.

Cheers,
Vittal.

Anonymous said...

Poems are made by a bit eccentric minded people:)

hehehehehe..........
ye joke tha kya?

waise.... poem likhna itna mushkil bhi nahi... dekho...

POEM
POEM
POEM
POEM
POEM.....


hai na aashan... and intersting...

IdleMind said...

@ Zero - Thanks Mohan. Hope someday, I get eccentric cells in my idle brain too! :D

@ Vittaldas Prabhu - you are right ... this was written more as a flow of thoughts. Glad that you enjoyed raw writing, but I rarely write in one go. Most of my pieces are written, and re-written. This one was written as raw thrust of emotion ... and I feel lucky that you got the entire gist, the way I keyed.

@ BheJJa FrYY..! ;) - aap jaise kavi milna mushkil hain. Personally, I feel humour poems are most difficult, lekin aapto jaise chutki mein likh daalte ho. Main aisa kabhi likh nahin paayoonga. :(

Tongue Trip said...

Once again, your comment came in first and as always you have been generous. Danke. Now about your romantic ambition for a verse,
what you need is a muse, a potent-corruptive-amorous inspiration or an adventure, depending on how far you can go.
A woozy head(whisky?/contraband subs.?? Hehehhee)
Kill that meow of a cat.
But tell you what, if this lady love is merely an idea, chuck it.

IdleMind said...

@ Tongue Trip - you said muse? I wrote about it long time back ... ppl keep asking ... but no luck either.

To drink is to be solemn at heart ... can't corrupt myself, hehehe

Tried to frighten a cat last night ... left it midway, found it no match to me!

The lady love? Dumb me, never knew love poems could be without them! thanks a ton!!

abanerji said...

so much happens when you wish to write a poem... anyway if you ever write a love poem and inbetween there is some mewing then we would know that the cats had been disturbing you...

abanerji said...

where there is a will, there is a way... so i found you coz i love to read you... :)

Anonymous said...

WAISE AISA KU6 NAHI IDLE MIND JI...

aapki ek alag jagah hai.. fully furnished stage hai apna alag hi ek anokha manmohak style hai STORY LIKHNE KA....

aur aisi stories likhna,, ye apne aap me bahot hi bada achievement hai.. me is liye bol raha hun kyun ki.. poem me to kya hai ki 6 lines me se ek line bhi agar pasand aa gayi.... to poem hit.....

lekin story ..... bahot hi complicated to write and to direct.. aap jo ku6 likh rahe hai wo dusro ko feel karwana, wo bhi bina decorative language aur live description ke saath, aur over na ho jaaye us baat ko dhyan me rakhte huwe.... ye sab manage karna poem likhne se kahin guna jyada upar hai...

IdleMind said...

@ abanerji - thank you! thank you! kya baat hain. As for the cat, you know ... leave it, they may not get to meow in that poem ever! ;)

@ BheJJa FrYY..! ;) - Aapne to aisi hi geet gaa dali ki hum to chal base the parlok ko ... hehehe. Aap to bade hi humble nikle ki sirf prashangsa karte hi rahein. thank you ji! ab kya bataye, sab aap logon ki meherbani hain!! ;)

Chhaya said...

Your post is much more interesing than any love poem can be :D.... the funny thing, i used to think that guys rather like cat-fights :D .. hehe..

IdleMind said...

@ Chhaya - hey, are you kidding? can a poem full of love ever be compared to my writing? ... leave alone being more interesting.

Yaar, itna pamper bhi na karo ki hum akaash se gir kar khajoor mein atak jaay!;)

InkTank said...

i have a simple solution for u sir! fall in love, and u can write loads of romantic poems.....one more solution:) think of the oriya lady.....and give us a love poem soon.......:)

Its my life said...

finally you have abortioned your mind, he he.. very interesting way of writing. You have put your the things which are wondering in your mind.. loved it and thanks for sharing.. :)

Irene said...

Trust Inky to come with a solution, lols!

IdleMind said...

@ InkTank - Only 'think of Oriya lady' annandbhai? well, what happens if I get to connect to them in real? ... may be a love novel, who knows!

@ Its my life - thanks for dropping by, and appreciate your encouragement.

@ Irene - I do hope his solutions finally help me!

Tongue Trip said...

your comment about my photographs was entertaining. do you ever miss a detail???
and why are you slack this time? new post? when?

I am Alive said...

Abortion of mind... Loved that one...
Pretty random thoughts... but still flowing together... Actually I bumped across your post from a comment you left... mmmm... i dont know where ... but this is my first visit and I am already liking this.... Wow !

IdleMind said...

@ Tongue Trip - I do miss details, and the biggest misses are horrible.

New post? the brain seems blurred!

@ I am Alive - you're welcome! and I loved reading your comment ... thanks for this appreciation.

Please keep visiting.

I am Alive said...

hey.. thanks for comments... Keep in touch...blog rolling you...
Take care...

Maya said...

i think to start with you have to write a very bad poem,, and when u keep on doing that.. good poems will come automaticaly..

thts what i would have done..

vicious said...

i hope you find the mate needed for its birth ;)

IdleMind said...

@ Uncommon Sense - nice advice, will try to stick to it!

@ vicious - OMG! you prescribe a mate? LOL ... keep praying for me at least!! hehehe

workhard said...

I hate noisy vehicles... i hear cats in my backyard fighting too.. and i just wonder what their issue is....


Make website india