Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Stroll by the Park

What do we live for? Where do we love to stroll?



Life’s little garden has episodes strewn all over. One such acquaintance has been to be part of the blogger’s forum … a park where writers blossom. There was a day in not-so-distant past when a young lady commented on my writing with a small update on a novel she wrote.



The comment has become history now … the friendship didn’t.



Over the next two years (and a little more) she kept playing hide-and-seek as I kept moving amidst the lush green lawns, freshly mowed … decorated with the crystals from the morning dew. New flowers kept blooming here and there … red, yellow and pink, as new acquaintances became commonplace.



Friendship in this open vast virtual space doesn’t come easy. Yet I was one who was blessed all through with some of the finest minds in the cyberspace.



They came from many regions, all ages … and a mix of mindsets that I always enjoyed. Do we really evaluate a flower? Or take care to scrutinize the flower bed where it blossoms?



Fragrances do not mandate inspection. They mystify minds with their aroma.



And now this lovely park! Wow, it has been a wonderful journey across meadows of a lovely fascination called writing. An intense passion with scores of friendly bonds … so pristine.



Does life need anything more to invigorate?



A cool breeze seems to be blowing from south … and my mind is wavering with newfound dreams. There are ideas that I seldom brought out in my earlier writings, while there are fresh dilemmas that rock.



Yet my life continues to stroll amidst the worldwide wonder called the web, while my friends keep the hope alive in me.



What more can a blogger dream of?



Over the next couple of months, I will continue to share things that I haven’t yet. They are from my heart, an area I didn’t dare open till now. The mind did the talking mostly, whereas the idle ideas from heart were closeted somewhere deep inside.



Wish to exchange some of these now … and with the smell of the fresh green grass and the scent of the bloom around, I set free my idle heart. Catch me if you can ... I'm free at last!




18 comments:

Chhaya said...

WOW!!!

you have already started.. and that u for the mention.. yes, that friendship is indeed forever...

Zero said...

Thank you for sharing interesting thoughts. The mode of communication, subjects and Interest did change over the time, but the essence of friendship still remains the same. Best regards.

Chhaya said...

You are requested to put the Link to the 'Park' on your blog in a prominent place.

It will help any visitor to return back to the Forum and go to another member's blog once s/he has read your blog.

The Link is -

http://friends-park.blogspot.com/

We are going live from 8:00 am - 22nd June!

This is a standard message. If you have already put the link to the 'Park' then please ignore it. If you don’t know how to put that link on your blog then please feel free to tell me. I will help you.

Its my life said...

Hey friend, nice to see you on blogspot.. I did enjoy reading your lovely post as always.. You might be wondering who am I. It is me Madhu Vamsi.. Lovely article and will be looking forward for more from you.. :)

Sneha Says said...

Idle bhai you are already in the park ha? Its been a great journey from the 'colony' to the 'Park' for us ibiboens.I am hoping what started for me at the colony, continues here at the park too :)...yes we have made some fabulous friends here....cheers to the friendship!

IdleMind said...

thank you all ... it's been a nice ride so far. But the success of the Park is on us. I mean we need to clean weeds, trim the bushes, and make the right flowers bloom. So, let's start mowing for now!!

sandy said...

You are right, bondhu. That was an old blog which I had posted both on ibibo and blogspot at the same time. Have posted a new one for friends park now.
Will read your and other posts only after formal inauguration of Friends Park. :)

Chhaya said...

Our Friend’s park is live now.

If you have posted anything new on your blog during last one week, please leave a message at “Blogs Updated Today” Post at the Park.

This is how your post will be visible to everyone. If you have left that comment on any other post at the Park then too do it.
This is a general comment. If you have already done it then please ignore/delete it.

- Admin
(Friends’ Park)

Chhaya said...

I have linked the blogs on the main page as it wont be possible to change the link to the latest post everytime someone writes something.

As it is the Direct blog link till show the current post at the top!!

abt the font size, i totally agree.. i m working on the template .. will be sorted put very soon

Chhaya said...

the problem with the link list font is fixed.

looks ok now?

sandy said...

Well... Bondhu, nice inaugural speech {I mean post}. I prey this park blossoms to its fullest and become a good play area for the kids (new comers) as well.
As far as your posts are concerned, you seem to look in a completely different mood hare, as compared to ibibo. Certainly, we are sensing more freedom here and I hope to see some new aspects of idle heart now. :)

sandy said...

@IdleMind :
Bondhu, Basically I am a radio man. Worked 18 years for radio. Now I am in TV, just to stay at my home town. Radio is my first-love. Me too don't like watching TV, but you know, it is my duty after all. :)

InkTank said...

if an occassional thorn enters, we need to remove the thorn too:) and chhaya is adept at it trust me:) and as always, profound thoughts from you, in the most likeable language!

InkTank said...

and why are u looking at the sky? spotted an angel kya? hehehe:)

IdleMind said...

@ InkTank - The reason I'm looking upwards is intentionally hidden ... the question is whether I'm at all looking or not. Angels are best spotted on Earth, but naps are best taken looking upwards!

Chhaya said...

where did my last comment go!! :'(

waiting for a new post from u.. Sandhya is fine.. she stars her final year now.. one more year and she will be an engineer :)

Tongue Trip said...

Hi and thanks for your comments.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://kfarbair.com][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/_photos/photo_big8.jpg[/img][/url]

בית מלון [url=http://www.kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] - [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/about.html]חדרים[/url] גדולים אנו מספקים שירותי אירוח מגוונים כמו כן ישנו במקום שירות חדרים המכיל [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/eng/index.html]סעודות רומנטיות[/url] במחירים מפתיעים אשר יוגשו ישירות לחדרכם...

לפרטים נוספים נא לפנות לאתרנו - [url=http://kfarbair.com]כפר בעיר[/url] [url=http://www.kfarbair.com/contact.html][img]http://www.kfarbair.com/_images/apixel.gif[/img][/url]